ZEUS wants to keep you safe this Lyme disease season - learn how
Understanding the risks & actions to take to prevent Lyme disease
With National Lyme Disease Awareness Month behind us, let's focus on prevention.
The discovery of the bacterium responsible for Lyme disease and how it is carried specifically by deer ticks provides us with valuable information to help prevent Lyme disease. Proactive Lyme disease prevention and testing once you identify a tick or have symptoms is the key.
Tips & reminders for Lyme disease prevention1
- At home – mow your lawn, shear the hedges regularly and use pesticide to minimize the opportunity for a tick habitat near your home.
- Out for a hike - cover up exposed skin, wear light colored clothing so you can see ticks, use approved tick-repellent, avoid wooded and brushy areas, and walk in the center of trails.
- Walking to the beach – Stay away from high grass and brush. Don’t forget, beach grass often lining the beach can also be a tick haven.
- Check for ticks frequently - Physical and visual inspections should be done regularly. The most common places ticks are found are in the knee, armpits and scalp.
- If you find a tick – Remove it as quickly as possible. The CDC provides detailed tick removal instructions and follow up guidance.
- If you have symptoms but have not found a tick, see your doctor. If your doctor prescribes an antibody test, ask for the ZEUS Borrelia MTTT test by name to ensure you have the most accurate test available for Lyme disease. You don’t want to miss identification of Lyme disease.
Learn about the extensive expertise ZEUS has by watching our on demand webinar "Paradigm Shift in Lyme Disease Testing"
Daniel Zweitzig, Ph.D., Vice President Research and Development at ZEUS Scientific, discusses the importance of early detection in Lyme disease and ZEUS’s pioneering journey in Lyme diagnostics from the first FDA-cleared Lyme Serology product to the development of the first FDA-cleared Borrelia Modified Two-Tiered Testing (MTTT™) algorithm that substantially improves Lyme disease detection.
The ZEUS Scientific Borrelia MTTT™ algorithm detects up to 30% more early Lyme disease than the traditional Standard Two-Tiered Testing (STTT) algorithm. The STTT algorithm requires a second tier immunoblot which adds subjectivity in results interpretation and reduces sensitivity in measuring acute Lyme disease. Don’t miss a diagnosis just because of the test that is chosen for you. Ask for it by name - ZEUS Borrelia MTTT™ for Lyme disease testing.
Who would you trust for your family’s Lyme disease testing?
ZEUS Scientific has a long record of pioneering new and improved tests to detect Lyme disease. ZEUS doesn't accept the status quo and has been putting Lyme disease patients first since 1987.
Test with confidence. Test with ZEUS.The pioneering experts in Lyme disease testing.
See what you've been missing. Contact ZEUS today!
The ZEUS Scientific Team